Re: [opensuse-project] How should we inform packagers about new upstream versions?
  • From: JP Rosevear <jpr@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 15:51:38 -0500

On Wed, 2008-02-27 at 19:46 +0100, Christian Morales Vega wrote:
If the packager doesn't knows about the new version he can leave the
package outdated for a long time. So would be good that, at some time,
if an user finds the problem he reports it. But, how should be
reported? There is any feature planned in the OBS to help with this?

For specifically learning about the new version, Marcus Meissner has
some code that crawls for version updates, maybe we could turn that
into a system on opensuse.org that you can subscribe to somehow for
notifications.

-JP
--
JP Rosevear <jpr@xxxxxxxxxx>