Re: [opensuse-project] Re: [opensuse-factory] status report distribution week 5
  • From: Michael Loeffler <michl@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 11:05:35 +0100
On Saturday 09 February 2008, Volker Kuhlmann wrote:
On Sat 09 Feb 2008 02:56:59 NZDT +1300, Michael Loeffler wrote:
No. The point is that Novell has a contract with Adobe and the other
vendors of proprietary sw we ship. These contracts allow us to shop
openSUSE with this software but don't allow that the user distribute this
software to others (friends, neighbors etc.).

I am interested in knowing whether Novell pays Adobe as part of this
agreement. Anyone at Novell allowed to say, or does the contract come
with a gagging clause?
There's no payment to Adobe involved for this agreement but redistribution
requires an agreement. As Adobe is interested in redistribution of their
software they offer a standard contract to anyone:
http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/acrrdistribute.html

Michael

Thanks,

Volker