Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE Membership: a general comment
  • From: Andreas Jaeger <aj@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 10:34:18 +0100
Cornelius Schumacher <cschum@xxxxxxx> writes:

On Saturday 09 February 2008 02:07:41 Benji Weber wrote:

This begets the question - do you see any way other than a membership
system to have an elected board in the future? This is a stated aim of
the current board.

It's new to me that the membership which was announced is also meant to form
the body who elects the board.

This obviously would be a situation which is less than optimal. As the
condition for becoming a member is the approval of the board, the board would
effectively assemble the people for its own election. This would look like a
bug in the rules to me. I'm not implying any bad intentions, just pointing
out that it's not a good way to do these things in general, regardless of who
is in charge.

Yes, that could happen - but what alternatives do you see? Once we have
elections, we need to restrict the voter list somehow IMO.

I see the following options right now:
* Having an users.opensuse.org account and signed the guiding principles
* membership

Andreas
Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany