Re: [opensuse-project] Re: [opensuse-factory] status report distribution week 5
  • From: Andreas Jaeger <aj@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 09:31:58 +0100
Volker Kuhlmann <list0570@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

On Sat 09 Feb 2008 02:56:59 NZDT +1300, Michael Loeffler wrote:

No. The point is that Novell has a contract with Adobe and the other vendors
of proprietary sw we ship. These contracts allow us to shop openSUSE with
this software but don't allow that the user distribute this software to
others (friends, neighbors etc.).

I am interested in knowing whether Novell pays Adobe as part of this
agreement. Anyone at Novell allowed to say, or does the contract come
with a gagging clause?

I will not comment on any such contracts since I cannot double check
whether it comes with such a clause.

Our goal is to have contracts which allow us redistribution but does not
put any further obligations on either of us.

Andreas
Maxfeldstr. 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany