[opensuse-project] openSUSE and Amazon's EC2
  • From: "Mark Van De Vyver" <mvyver@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 07:12:00 +1100
Hi,
Thanks for the effort put into making opensuse available.

I'm a 1 year old linux user/hobbyist and have really enjoyed
'working/playing' with linux, I adopted linux because of a colleagues
recommendation that it was a better distribution for moderately IT
skilled users with reasonably sophisticated needs, computing, etc.

As far as I can tell there is just one opensuse based AMI that is
publicly available for Amazon's EC2 service.

Of course such efforts are up to the community, I was wondering though
if there was any thoughts of distributing 'official' opensuse based
LAMP/LAMR images. It also seems natural to make a Condor
'installed/configured' image for compute uses cases. Here I'm not
thinking of anything as complicated as RedHat's efforts on messaging,
though the seem like they will use Condor. Amyone aware of
thoughts/efforts/moves in this direction?

Appreciate any thoughts/insights.
Regards
Mark