Re: [opensuse-project] Article on "the best community linux"
  • From: "Aaron Thul" <aaron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 09:21:55 -0500
I think it is great news to have OpenSuse be identified as a really
good business distro. From the article:

"As a business user, I need a desktop that can work in complicated
network. Like many business networks, my LAN includes servers that use
the old-school NT domain style networking as well as AD (Active
Directory) for Windows and Samba-based resources. I also need access
to a local NFS (Network File System) server and remote servers that I
access with OpenSSH and FTP. And I do all this at the same time. Can
you copy and paste a file from an NTFS (NT File System) Windows 2003
drive on an AD tree to a Linux server using ReiserFS 500 miles away
over FTP—or, better still, vice versa? With OpenSUSE I can do it
without driving myself crazy with manually twisting network
configuration files."

I look at this as something entirely positive.