Re: [opensuse-project] KDE-LIVE-CD, very bad impressions
  • From: Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 09:33:36 +0100
Am Dienstag 27 November 2007 schrieb Rob OpenSuSE:
On 27/11/2007, Daniele <kailed@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Il domenica 25 novembre 2007, Gerald Pfeifer scrisse:
On Sat, 10 Nov 2007, Daniele wrote:
Don't release iso with know bugs.

Well, if we strictly followed this advice we'd never, ever see a new
openSUSE release. :-)

Hi, pleale, re-read this post:
http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-project/2007-11/msg00056.html

Would it be feasible to use a loopback mount to update a Live CD iso
image on disk, and then reburn? It's impossilbe to have a deliverable
I don't think it's technically possible. But the kiwi config is in public
SVN and all the packages are in the public. All you need is a 10.3 with
kiwi installed (actually, I say 10.3 here because you need quite some tools
that are in the right version on 10.3, but you can of course patch other
systems too), a 10.3 GM DVD and a subversion client to download the config.

Then you can create your own personal live CD whenever you feel like it. Even
with different packages than the official.

Greetings, Stephan