Re: [opensuse-project] KDE-LIVE-CD, very bad impressions
  • From: "Rob OpenSuSE" <rob.opensuse.linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 21:58:06 +0000
On 27/11/2007, Daniele <kailed@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Il domenica 25 novembre 2007, Gerald Pfeifer scrisse:
On Sat, 10 Nov 2007, Daniele wrote:
Don't release iso with know bugs.

Well, if we strictly followed this advice we'd never, ever see a new
openSUSE release. :-)
Hi, pleale, re-read this post:
http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-project/2007-11/msg00056.html

Would it be feasible to use a loopback mount to update a Live CD iso
image on disk, and then reburn? It's impossilbe to have a deliverable
free of all solved bugs, as by the time it's created, more bugs will
have been fixed somewhere.

But, you could roll forward so that 1 user was not hit hard for so
long by a 'frozen' bug, and such a procedure would permit, something
like Online Update, so that Live CD snapshots can become more reliable
as the latest release stabilises. Sidux project, mention using xdelta
of iso images to move between release candidates rather than
re-downloading the whole iso.

Seen some talk about magazine cover disks being unreliable, probably
for similar reasons, that they are quite out of date, by time the
reader acquires them.