Re: [opensuse-project] openSUSE Weekly News
  • From: Kai Ponte <kai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 13:51:42 -0800
On Monday 26 November 2007 08:28, Pascal Bleser wrote:
Francis Giannaros wrote:
[...]

Awesome, badly needed stuff :)

But it's typically the sort of activity that needs a few people committed
to doing it, who are on several mailing-lists, read the opensuse blogs,
security announcements, etc...

So does that mean you're volunteering, Pascal?

No, wait - I can see the headline now: "Guru Site Down Due to Maintainer
Working 24/7 on Newsletter - Millions in Agony!"

Maybe have 2 to 4 people team up and coordinate, with a rotation to have
one person do it every 2nd, 3rd or 4th week (depending on the number of
volunteers, obviously). That way it wouldn't be too much work for each.

I could help.

The one thing I would suggest is to trim it down somewhat. I just got finished
reading my NetBeans weekly newsletter. It only had four items on it. Much
more digestable. The newsletter currently up on at
http://en.opensuse.org/OpenSUSE_Weekly_News/1 has way more information than
is easily digested.

Of course, a current news item on the opensuse website would be nice.