Re: [opensuse-project] KDE-LIVE-CD, very bad impressions
  • From: Maciej Pilichowski <macias@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 20:24:56 +0100
Hello,

If you like incremental update than use software repositories of
openSUSE Build Service. For instance, I have often new version of
KDE before official release. What is that if not incremental
update?

Yes, but even the "official" version would be an incremental update
because you would update only KDE -- there would be no need to update
kernel, Gnome, chromium, OOffice, etc. right? (*)
Anyway, you can say partial update is available in opensuse, true,
what would be my wish is to go this path even further.

When Cristian referred to gcc with 800 dependant packages that
should be recompiled which translates in word 'updated' from user
side, that was example what size can be one incremental update.

Yes, but technically it would be still an update. (*)

have a nice day, bye

(*) there is one disturbing piece, that in those examples we are
mixing applications and operating system, but since opensuse is not
an OS, but a "distribution" I can give only such examples
--
Maciej Pilichowski