Re: [opensuse-project] KDE-LIVE-CD, very bad impressions
  • From: Druid <marcio.ferreira@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 18:09:11 -0200
On Nov 11, 2007 4:18 PM, Maciej Pilichowski <macias@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

I answer to incremental update, ok? I assume you were using 10.2
before 10.3. Would it be any harm to you (your system), if
instead of upgrading/(re)installing whole 10.3 over 10.2, you did
the following (using 10.2 all the time):
a) update boot mechanism to boot faster (in June)
b) update Yast SM to faster version (in July)
c) update regular KMail to KMail Enterprise (...and so on)
d) update KDE 3.5.7 to 3.5.8
e) ...

And while doing and testing all that, in each time would they make
the new version?

New version of what? OpenSuse? I explained that before the with
incremental update "release" would be rather snapshot of the archive.

Your cluelessness is really shocking. Do a snapshot... you think this
means exactly what? Somebody presses a button and bang, a distro is
born on the other side in a green/white box? This is not a coffee
machine.

Please, do the math. How do you expect it would be easier to handle 10
(KDE, kernel, Gnome, OpenOffice, etc. for example) changes than 1
change (KDE)? I don't get it.

How exactly we determine what is important? Wait, you decide, right?
You want the whole project to be dedicated to update what you think is
important in the exact time you think you tell them to do it. You are
one special boy, arent you?

And to asnwer your future question "please point me whats the problem
here", I will answer already: the problem is you thinking naively taht
you can simpĺy upgrade gnome and that will have no effects in firefox,
openoffice, etc, or upgrade the kernel and you wont need to test of
HAL is working in the main GUI programs, or that changing some network
setting wont screw the whole network daemons mix in the distro. In a
phrase: you think this is some shit put together with no test that all
it needs is put twinkle twinkle wallpaper and use all resources in
marketing to hype the distro.

Ok, I think there is no point in discussing it further -- it works for
other systems, it works (partially) even for opensuse, but... what
can I say more :-)

You are so arrogant to the point you dont even understand the
considerations people are making in here, e.g, you dont even consider
the complications in the process, the problems people need to solve
for being in a company, running a biz, you just say "oh, screw it, do
my way, because I said so". And still you think you are 347% right.

Marcio Ferreira