Re: [opensuse-project] KDE-LIVE-CD, very bad impressions
  • From: Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 09:03:54 +0100
Am Dienstag 06 November 2007 schrieb Daniele:
HI guys, after first look I'm very disappointed about live-cd but before
start to reporting bug and features request I'd like to hear your
opinions.

Hi Daniele,

This list is for non-technical discussions, your list are all technical I
think.

1) sound doens't work. On live cd it simple should work. No luck with
yast or alsaconf. In Yast I can hear test sound but under Kde no mixer,
no device, no sound. This on well supported hardware..
Sounds like a valid bug report.

2) partitions on hd should be showed somewhere (sysinfo, /media). For
newbye, finding/mounting partitions it's no so easy..
They are hidden by HAL. Valid feature request.

3) one of my pc is a IBN NetVista that runs 10.3 fine but with live-cd,
video card/monitor are non well configured and system hangs for some
ATA errors..
Valid bug report.

4) I'm wrong or software on live-cd is in the same version of GM ? If
so, I don't uderstand why. Releasing live-cd one month after GM without
bugfix it's a crazy thing :)
Yes, because the month was for fixing the install. We didn't want a moving
target.

Greetings, Stephan