Re: [opensuse-project] Branding Overview
  • From: David Bolt <bcrafhfr-cebwrpg@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2007 21:09:38 +0000
Here goes for the second time, this time sending to the right address
:-/

On Thu, 1 Mar 2007, Jakub Steiner <jimmac@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:-

>On Sat, 2007-02-24 at 22:48 +0100, Alexander Schaber wrote:
>> Hello list,
>>
>> is there a way to expand this list [1] so that it includes older versions of
>> SUSE as well?
>>
>> [1] http://en.opensuse.org/Branding_Overview
>
>Hi Alex,
>I've created the overview page to help check if the artwork in the build
>corresponds to the latest designs. They weren't meant as a gallery of
>how each release looked. That said, you are free to fill in the older
>stuff, but I fear that would mean diving into older ISOs.

Diving into older ISOs is only a problem if you either don't have them,
or the relevant files aren't available in the discontinued/ directory.
So, just a couple of questions:

How far back would be acceptable? I have the installation discs going
right the way back to 8.1, as well as 7.3 and the abomination that was
7.0 Personal, so could possibly take the images from those[0]. I would
have suggested using mirrors, or the ftp.suse.com discontinued/
directory, but it appears that the discontinued/ directory has been
emptied of versions before 9.0.

Which layout is preferred? The one for 10.2 or that for 10.3?
Personally, I prefer the one for 10.3, as it looks cleaner. Also it's
much quicker to load since the images aren't all on that page.

[0] Rembrand contains a list of images that have Novell/SUSE branding,
so using that list as a basis should be fairly easy to extract the
images from the relevant packages/installation file systems.

Regards,
David Bolt

--
Member of Team Acorn checking nodes at 50 Mnodes/s: http://www.distributed.net/
RISCOS 3.11 | SUSE 10.0 32bit | SUSE 10.0 64bit | openSUSE 10.2 32bit