Re: [suse-programming-e] Fortran 95 development system for SuSE
  • From: Jerry Feldman <gaf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2006 11:12:37 -0500
On Fri, 07 Nov 2008 23:36:44 -0500
Maura Edelweiss Monville <memonvil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Could you please advice a good Fotran 95 develpment system running on
> SuSE 9.3 64 bit ?
> I guess nothing is for free ...
>
> Are Tcl/Tk and Qt part of SuSE 9.3 ?
> Does a tutorial exist ?
Hi Maura,
Most of these were answered on the suse-linux-e list, but I will add to
this:
Tcl/Tk is certainly available on most SuSE releases including 9.3. Make
sure you select the tcl-devel package as well as Tk. There should be
documentation with it. I have not checked recently, but there is a tcl
web site on Source Forge
http://tcl.sourceforge.net/

As far as Fortran95, the only additional thing that I can add is that
some of the Intel Fortran developers are some of the people you know
from Digital.

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf@xxxxxxx>
Boston Linux and Unix user group