Creating static binaries with autotools
  • From: Davi de Castro Reis <davicastro@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 02 May 2004 07:30:48 -0300
Hi guys,

Does someone know how can I create static binaries using autotools? I have a program that uses several dynamic libraries and I want to distribute it as a single static binary. Everytime I want to distribute it, I do a make (the Makefile is generated from configure), then I delete the binary, and do the last linking step myself, using the static flag. This is quite boring. Does someone know a way to create a 'make static'?

Thanks in advance,
Davi de Castro Reis

< Previous Next >
List Navigation