Powerbook G3(Dead LCD) external Monitor X Problems
  • From: Greg Evans <greg.evans7@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2005 11:56:39 -0700
Hi, hopefully this is the right place to be posting this.

I have a Powerbook G3/500 (Pismo) with a dead LCD display and an external CRT attached to it. I
can get a nice console up on the CRT by passing 'video=ofonly' to the boot (or in lilo.conf), but am
unable to get X to run.

I saw a discussion earlier when I was searching through google that used "m3mirror", but I am not
sure a) how to install/use m3mirror and b) how I would go about making the required configuration
change 'm3mirror lcd:0 crt:1' if that is indeed a solution to this problem.

Any help would be appreciated as I would really like to have X working on this machine.

Thanks

Greg Evans