Failed to startx with SLES 8 on PPC 64bit
  • From: jonas tyler <buenavista939@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2005 09:37:41 -0800 (PST)
Hi,

Unfortunately I have to upgrade from SLES 7 to SLES
8.
But when I start X server, it reports that
"Failed to load module 'mga' (module does not
exist,0)".
When I istall the machine, Yast2 was able to start
up a crude X (I guess the resolution was 640*480).
Does anybody have any advice on how to fix this?
Even the crude 640*480 screen would be better than
nothing.

Thanks.