Re: [opensuse-packaging] What's happened with shared-mime-info? SOLVED
  • From: Dave Plater <dplater.list@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 May 2020 12:12:54 +0200
On 5/19/20, Ben Greiner <code@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

Fixed in https://build.opensuse.org/request/show/807255

Am 19.05.20 um 12:40 schrieb Dave Plater:

On 18/05/2020 17:23, Stefan BrĂ¼ns wrote:

Claiming ownership of a file below e.g./usr/share/mime/audio/ is
wrong, as
the mime type may be registered from several packages.

-%attr(0644,root,root) %ghost %{_datadir}/mime/audio/x-bzt.xml
-%attr(0644,root,root) %ghost %{_datadir}/mime/audio/x-bzt-xml.xml

This is the developers mime creation but I see that it occurs when
update-mime-database is run so should be removed.

Just to make this clear, the package buzztrax which BuildRequires
shared-mime-info which owns - /usr/share/mime/audio now fails because
shared-mime-info no longer has ownership of this directory:
[ 387s] buzztrax-0.10.2+git20191209-100.16.x86_64.rpm: directories
not owned by a package:
[ 387s] - /usr/share/mime/audio

I'm surprised that such a major change in the package shared-mime-info
wasn't documented.

Thanks
Dave P

These RPMlint warnings probably need to be addressed too:

buzztrax-plugins.x86_64: W: desktopfile-without-binary
/usr/share/applications/buzztrax-songio-buzz.desktop buzztrax-edit
the .desktop file is for a file not present in the package. You should
check
the requires or see if this is not a error

This is the package's developer's addition.

buzztrax-plugins.x86_64: W: empty-%post
buzztrax.x86_64: W: empty-%post
buzztrax-plugins.x86_64: W: empty-%postun

This is fixed, all of those macros have been null placeholders for a
while now but I was wary of removing something that wasn't broken,
maybe obs service should do it on checkin..

Regards,
Ben

I've found the answer to my question. The autotools version of the
shared-mime-info runs update-mime-database at the end of make install,
the meson version doesn't but the package does during installation.
This is why, although the package creates them, they aren't owned by
shared-mime-info anymore. Running update-mime-database shouldn't be
run during make install, it should be run during rpm installation.

Regards
Dave P