Re: [opensuse-packaging] Re: Is OBS suspended for build?
Am 17.05.20 um 09:16 schrieb Mathias Homann:

Am 17.05.2020 um 05:20 schrieb Malcolm:
On Sun 17 May 2020 09:49:14 AM CDT, Konstantin Voinov wrote:

Hi,

Yesterday I've found that all my projects don't starts building. Not
on "rebuild trigger" or any other command.
But there wasn't any announce about OBS maintenance .
Hi
backend-home is broken for i586 and x86_64 builds, likely will get
sorted after the weekend...
https://build.opensuse.org/monitor

Is it normal to take several hours for them to start back up?

I'd say: yes.
Even on my modest humble private instance, with maybe 1.000 projects and
10.000 packages, it takes around 20 minutes if a cold start is requested.

IIUC the scheduler then needs to scan all projects for build
dependencies, looking into every package and sort out the dependencies.
It's mostly I/O bound IIRC. Fortunately it only happens rarely,
basically only after unclean aborts because of bugs (and maybe filled up
volumes etc).

So for an OBS instance the size of build.opensuse.org, some hours or
even days seem totally normal.
--
Stefan Seyfried