Re: [opensuse-packaging] Where to add the --add-missing option for automake? In configure.ac?
  • From: İsmail Dönmez <idoenmez@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2019 09:01:30 +0100
Hi,

On 18 Dec 01:51, David C. Rankin wrote:
All,

I am working with the GEBC source and updating some of the autoconf/automake
files. Generating the files, I need to run

automake --add-missing

after autoconf to generate the missing ./compile file. I'd like to simply move
the --add-missing option into the configure.ac file (or similar) to avoid
having the separate call to automake. Current the only automake call in
configure.ac is:

AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE(gebc,1.07)

Where can I add the option so that autoconf generates any of the missing
files needed? The automake documentation describes AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR as being
able to specify the default directory for the common files as described:

https://www.gnu.org/software/automake/manual/html_node/automake-Invocation.html

https://www.gnu.org/software/automake/manual/html_node/Optional.html#Optional

But I'm still confused on whether and what I need to add to make this
happen? (I'm in no way an autotools expert). Anybody see an easy fix here?

The upstream itself should do this and add the files to repository. However what
we usually do is;

autoreconf -fi

which is will run autoconf and add the missing files in one call.

Regards,
ismail

--
Aus so krummem Holze, als woraus der Mensch gemacht ist,
kann nichts ganz Gerades gezimmert werden. — Immanuel Kant

SUSE Software Solutions Germany GmbH, Maxfeldstrasse 5, 90409 Nuernberg, Germany
GF: Felix Imendörffer (HRB 36809, AG Nürnberg)
< Previous Next >
List Navigation