Re: [opensuse-packaging] Separating python modules into packages
Hello,

Am Freitag, 27. September 2019, 11:10:54 CEST schrieb Axel Braun:
Am Freitag, 27. September 2019, 08:59:27 CEST schrieb Thomas
Schraitle:

Here is an overview of these macros:
https://github.com/openSUSE/python-rpm-macros

I will look into this.

One last question - to not get the files twice, is there a smarter way
than %exclude in the files section for every definition from the
subpackage?

Generic answer without having looked at your package: IMHO the need for
%exclude means that you use too many / too generic wildcards.
... and after looking at your specfile, I still think so ;-)

You have (shortened to the relevant parts)

%files -n %{name}-orthanc
%{python3_sitelib}/%{name}_orthanc*
%{python3_sitelib}/trytond/modules/health_orthanc*

%files
%defattr(744,root,root)

As a sidenote - why 744? That (executable only for root, readable for
everybody) doesn't really make sense IMHO, 755 or 644 are much more
common.

[...]
%exclude %{python3_sitelib}/%{name}_orthanc*
%exclude %{python3_sitelib}/trytond/modules/health_orthanc*
%{python_sitelib}/*

Here we have the problem - drop %{python_sitelib}/* and replace it
with more specific lines that catch whatever should go into that
package.

Sometimes[1] I even go the extreme way and list every single file.
That's a bit more work in the beginning, but helps to catch packaging
regressions (missing files) and changes (additional files installed by
make install).

Regards,

Christian Boltz

[1] I do this for most parts of the AppArmor package, and it helped more
than once ;-)
--
Ein Update ist meines Wissens die Erhöhung der Versionsnummer.
Ob sich dabei die Qualität auch erhöht, ist manchmal fraglich.