Re: [opensuse-packaging] how to make xfce4-screensaver smoothly replace xscreensaver?
On 6/27/19 9:22 PM, Takashi Iwai wrote:
On Thu, 27 Jun 2019 14:00:18 +0200,
Vinzenz Vietzke wrote:

Hi,

BTW, now I've tested xfce4-screensaver, but it seems less stable.

For example, after the suspend/resume, the screen lock dialog
appears. At this moment, I pressed ESC key, then the dialog is
gone. That's fine and more or less expected, but the problem is
that the dialog is gone forever. It's critically bad.

Maybe we should squash bugs before putting it as the standard...

Except that I don't experience such bug. Please could you open a bug
tracker just in case?

I tried to reproduce this issue but couldn't. Are you sure it's not
related to anything else, maybe some display manager stuff?

Well... how the display manager interrupts the screen lock?

That's possibly depending on the setup or the machine; I'm seeing it
on my Leap 15.1 system with X11:XFCE repo.

Another thing I noticed is that xfce4-screensaver badly interferes
compton compositor. I already switched to the standard XFCE
compositor because of that, but certainly there can be other bugs
there :)

In the past Compton gave me some problems with xscreensaver too so I wouldn't be surprised if the ESC issue is related to it (I will try it).

Takashi would you mind give Xfce 4.14 pre from X11:xfce:next a try? The official release is this August and I'd be interested to know if the issues you encountered persist with the update.

--
Maurizio Galli (MauG)
Xfce Team