Re: [opensuse-packaging] how to make xfce4-screensaver smoothly replace xscreensaver?
On Wed, 26 Jun 2019 15:26:10 +0200,
Stefan Seyfried wrote:

Am 26.06.19 um 10:07 schrieb Takashi Iwai:

I found that /etc/xdg/autostart/xscreensaver.desktop contains
OnlyShowIn=XFCE;

/etc/xdg/autostart/xscreensaver.desktop is in xfce4-sessin.

Just remove it and replace with xfce4-screensaver.

If someone really wants to keep using xscreensaver in xfce, then he can
enable it in the session management settings gui
IMHO.

Yes, that's my conclusion, too.

BTW, now I've tested xfce4-screensaver, but it seems less stable.

For example, after the suspend/resume, the screen lock dialog
appears. At this moment, I pressed ESC key, then the dialog is gone.
That's fine and more or less expected, but the problem is that the
dialog is gone forever. It's critically bad.

Maybe we should squash bugs before putting it as the standard...

thanks,

Takashi