Re: [opensuse-packaging] %setup -q -a 0 for Source0 then %setup -q a 1 -n pkg-%{version}/lib but need --strip-components=1
Hello,

On Wed, 01 May 2019, David C. Rankin wrote:
I'm trying to package pngquant that relies on:

Source0:
https://github.com/kornelski/%{name}/archive/pngquant-%{version}.tar.gz
Source1:
https://github.com/ImageOptim/libimagequant/archive/libimagequant-%{version}.tar.gz

What needs to happen is for pngquant-%{version}.tar.gz alone to be unzipped.
It creates a pngquant-%{version}/lib directory that I need to unzip Source1
into.

I've tried

%setup -q -a 0
%setup -q -a 1 -n pngquant-%{version}/lib

which unzips in the correct order, but does not provide a way to
--strip-components=1 to get rid of the libimagequant-%{version} default
directory.

I usually just be pragmatic and extract and then create symlinks. In
this case:

====
%setup -q -a 1
rm -rf lib
ln -s libimagequant-%{version} lib
====

or something. Or extract manually as suggested by Jan.

But there's a better way, you've got a pending sr...

That

%doc COPYRIGHT

line should be changed to

%license COPYRIGHT

once you drop 13.x support. Or I backport the %license stuff ;)

HTH,
-dnh

--
Writing non-free software is not an ethically legitimate activity,
so if people who do this run into trouble, that's good! All businesses