Re: [opensuse-packaging] Packagers - please check your "Url:"s
John Paul Adrian Glaubitz schrieb:
On 3/21/19 8:01 PM, Stefan Seyfried wrote:
Why, there not "your" packages once they leave your home repo, if
someone feels like going to the effort of making the distro better

...then he can, in the future, do all the work on these packages.

I have to admit that this is an issue that is annoying me in openSUSE
as well.

In any other open source project I have worked so far, it's common that
you wait for feedback from the actual maintainer of a package or a piece
of code before moving forward with changes. Not in openSUSE as there are
multiple project maintainers which can accept submit requests and if
you're lucky, the original maintainer is currently unreachable (vacation etc)
and you can sneak in some changes without approval from the maintainer.

If you are set as maintainer in the package, project maintainers are
expected to only step in if really needed. That's not something new but
sometimes reminding every once in a while helps:
https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Package_maintainership_guide#Devel_project_maintainer

For example, I am maintaining the Python Azure SDK for the Public Cloud
Team at SUSE. For the second time now, someone has sent in requests to
update just two out of over 100 packages that make up the Python Azure

IIUC the two packages in question were in devel:languages:python wheras
all the rest has a devel project of it's own? If those two packages are
mostly only relevant to your other packages then maybe it would make
sense to move them over to the other devel project?

cu
Ludwig

--
(o_ Ludwig Nussel