Re: [opensuse-packaging] Packagers - please check your "Url:"s

On 22/03/2019 21:41, Bernhard Voelker wrote:
On 3/22/19 10:43 AM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
I'm not struggling, I'm just asking people not to touch these packages.

I wouldn't go that far.

My understanding is that:

* anyone
- can branch a package to home:*,
- make some changes there,
- and create a request back to the main project.

* any of the package maintainers
- checks the change, and
- accepts/declines the request.

Am I right?

Yep

In one of the packages I'm maintaining, I've even
agreed with the other maintainer on a 4-eyes
principle, i.e., even if I'm a maintainer, I will
do the change in my home project, and the other
maintainer will check and accept the change.

I don't always go that far but for most packages I maintain that have 1 or more other maintainers i'll always wait a day or 2 to let the others read over before self accepting.

--

Simon Lees (Simotek) http://simotek.net

SUSE Linux Adelaide Australia, UTC+10:30