Re: [opensuse-packaging] Packagers - please check your "Url:"s
On 3/22/19 6:11 AM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
On 3/21/19 8:43 PM, Michael Ströder wrote:
Personally I directly submit requests without contacting the maintainers
first. IMHO this would slow down things too much. But I'm locally
testing the updates whether stuff still works. Of course this cannot
always cover everything.

I think that's okay for packages that have no fixed maintainer. But in my
case, the packages are maintained by me through my position in the Public
Cloud Team. There is absolutely no need for anyone to step in and send
changes, especially since they do not know what the requirements of the
Public Cloud Team are.

Well, this reads like SUSE employees always know better than anyone
else. I have made opposite experience in some cases.

It also applies to important packages such as the kernel, the toolchain,
the bootloader and so on.

Most of the packages I'm contributing to are maintained in SLE. Based on
recent experience I'm not confident that SLE packagers always know
better what's right.

Ciao, Michael.