Re: [opensuse-packaging] Packagers - please check your "Url:"s

On 22/03/2019 18:55, Johannes Meixner wrote:

Hello,

On Mar 22 18:08 Simon Lees wrote (excerpt):
If you are struggling to manage to maintain all these packages
then you likely should be talking to your Manager / Team Lead
to look at getting extra resources.

could you do us a favour and don't treat others as idiots
(or perhaps even treat others as inferior) and just
leave out any unhelpful smart-alec patronizing
know-it-all attitude?

I could also show such an attitude for example like:
"If you are not struggling to manage to maintain all your packages
 then you likely should be talking to your Manager / Team Lead
 to look at getting extra packages to make you more producitve
 for your salary."
Would you like to read that?
Would it help you?

Well I say this because I know of a number of packages are poorly assigned, unassigned or assigned to someone who doesn't have time to take care of them and its in everyone's best interest that packages are assigned to people who actually have the time to take care of them properly. Hopefully the more this gets passed up the management chain the sooner it will be fixed. If I thought this was an isolated issue I wouldn't have mentioned it. One of the next things on my todo list is to fix the fact that there are a significant number of packages inside Leap that are inherited from SLE that either have no maintainer or no maintainer inside SLE which essentially means there is no easy way to get maintenance updates into Leap.

--

Simon Lees (Simotek) http://simotek.net

SUSE Linux Adelaide Australia, UTC+10:30