Re: [opensuse-packaging] Packagers - please check your "Url:"s
On 3/21/19 8:43 PM, Michael Ströder wrote:
I think you should coordinate with the other maintainer who acked the
broken submit requests how to improve the situation. Is it possible to
roll-back the changes?

The problem here is that there is only a handful project maintainers for the
d:l:p project given the huge number of packages. I have made the experience
that in many cases the maintainers seem to be in auto-accept mode which defeats
the whole purpose of the review process.

Personally I directly submit requests without contacting the maintainers
first. IMHO this would slow down things too much. But I'm locally
testing the updates whether stuff still works. Of course this cannot
always cover everything.

I think that's okay for packages that have no fixed maintainer. But in my
case, the packages are maintained by me through my position in the Public
Cloud Team. There is absolutely no need for anyone to step in and send
changes, especially since they do not know what the requirements of the
Public Cloud Team are.

It also applies to important packages such as the kernel, the toolchain,
the bootloader and so on.

Adrian
< Previous Next >