Re: [opensuse-packaging] Packagers - please check your "Url:"s
On Tuesday 2019-03-19 02:34, Simon Lees wrote:

On 17/03/2019 06:34, Stefan Seyfried wrote:
Am 16.03.19 um 12:06 schrieb Jan Engelhardt:

Waiting for people to scream "we need a {rpmlint/post-build-check} tool
for that"

If anyone changes one of "my" packages (with no other, useful change),
I'll delete and drop that package immediately.

Why, there not "your" packages once they leave your home repo

there / they're / their - choose wisely

There is a certain ownership being practised in openSUSE, and that is not even
a bad thing. The topic of ownership had previously surfaced in Fedora circles
that I remember seeing. (My take away of the threads I read once upon a time:
some form of ownership is needed if you want to retain people.)

https://www.mail-archive.com/devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg98245.html

if someone feels
like going to the effort of making the distro better by finding and tidying up
packages with redirects (or any other minor cleanup) why as packagers is there
a good reason for us to stop them?

It depends on whether a compelling or mildly reasonable case can be
made for the submission. Loosely speaking, there are three main
difficulty levels in that regard on the "number line": objective
changes, subjective changes, and bikeshedding.

The bikeshed certainly warrants new paint at times, but it's the
hardest category to convince of, and so, that's where stops/rejection
would be very probable.