Re: [opensuse-packaging] Something like BuildRecommends to increase test coverage?
On 3/14/19 8:32 AM, Bernhard Voelker wrote:
Thanks, that started to sound like a good recipe ... but you are right:
I think I don't want to rely on running the *-testsuite in the home project
only.

I don't know much about it: could we have *-testsuite in a different project
with "Expandflags: dorecommends" set while the main package stays in
Base:System?
Do/don't others have similar issues?

Of course you can create a subproject that does that. Then just use the build repositories from Base:System and you have a repo from Build:System + your subproject. And I say subproject, but it could be anywhere, in Build:System:Test or home:...:Build_system_test. You can create as many subprojects as required to run different combinations of tests, if you like to.

I assume the purpose of this is to let *maintainer* know when the tests are failing. You can run the tests *vs.* Tumbleweed without actually shipping anything *in* Tumbleweed.

- Adam