Re: [opensuse-packaging] Something like BuildRecommends to increase test coverage?
On 3/12/19 5:29 PM, Marcus Hüwe wrote:
If you just want to run the testsuite in your home or devel project (or a
specific testing project), you could do the following:

- create a new "coreutils-testsuite-deps" package
- add a "Recommends: valgrind", "Recommends: xyz" etc. to the package
- add a "BuildRequires: coreutils-testsuite-deps" line to the
coreutils-testsuite spec
- add a "Expandflags: dorecommends" to your project config

Now, if you build the coreutils-testsuite package, the valgrind package will
be installed if it is present and all its deps etc. can be satisfied.

But if you do it this way, you will _NEVER_ run the full testsuite in the
openSUSE:Factory project (since recommends are ignored during expansion).
Hence, I'm not sure if this "hack" works for you...

Thanks, that started to sound like a good recipe ... but you are right:
I think I don't want to rely on running the *-testsuite in the home project
only.

I don't know much about it: could we have *-testsuite in a different project
with "Expandflags: dorecommends" set while the main package stays in
Base:System?
Do/don't others have similar issues?

Have a nice day,
Berny