[opensuse-packaging] Something like BuildRecommends to increase test coverage?
The coreutils-testsuite runs best with a list of tools like valgrind,
gdb, python-inotify etc. but some of the tools are not available
on some platforms.

The problems is:

a) if I add a BuildRequires on platforms that don't have that package,
then the whole testsuite build on that platform fails.

b) Now I can add a guard around the BuildRequires per platform/OS version
manually, but:

b1) manually maintaining such a list is tedious,

b2) if the guards take out to many of BuildRequires, then the coverage
is not as good as it could be. This effect is transient if a package
gets available on a new platform in future.

As a packager, I'd love to just add the list of additional tools the
test may or may not use, and the build not failing if the package
is not available on that platform like:

BuildRecommends: valgrind
or
BuildSuggests: valgrind