Re: [opensuse-packaging] rpmlint(?): W: no-version-in-last-changelog
On 12/27/18 11:42 PM, Christian Boltz wrote:
Hello,

Am Donnerstag, 27. Dezember 2018, 22:19:42 CET schrieb Neal Gompa:
On Thu, Dec 27, 2018 at 2:17 PM Michal Rostecki wrote:

To be more concrete - rpmlint expects a version in the same line
where you have date, time, name and email. Example:
[...]
That said, it's technically also supposed to be able to be satisfied
by the first line of the changelog text including it, but again, the
way openSUSE does packaging and changelogs makes this completely fail
anyway.

And now for the funny part - I (and even rpmlint) have to disagree about
"completely fail" ;-)

https://rpmlint.opensuse.org/ says we have 8197 (source) packages in
Factory x86_64. However, if you filter
https://rpmlint.opensuse.org/rules/openSUSE:Factory/x86_64/standard
for "no-version-in-last-changelog", it will "only" list 2396 packages
(about 30% of all packages).

From what I've read in this discussion, I'd expect that _all_ packages
show this warning, not only 30%.

Did I misunderstand the check and/or overlook something? ;-)

It seems that no-version-in-last-changelog check passes when the first line of
changelog entry contains only email, not the full name, which is a weird false
positive.

In example, the following entry passes the check:

Tue Nov 27 17:08:00 UTC 2018 - mrostecki@xxxxxxx
- Initial version 3.1

But the following does not pass the check:

Tue Nov 27 17:08:00 UTC 2018 - MichaƂ Rostecki <mrostecki@xxxxxxx>
- Initial version 3.1

PS: If you want to explain by example - apparmor in factory currently
shows the warning, but in security:apparmor it doesn't. Note that
there's a pending SR with a version update, so security:apparmor
currently has a newer version.

So, apparmor package passes the check only because the last entry starts with:

Fri Dec 21 13:41:32 UTC 2018 - mt@xxxxxxx

instead of

Fri Dec 21 13:41:32 UTC 2018 - Marius Tomaschewski <mt@xxxxxxx>

But the proper fix should look like: