Re: [opensuse-packaging] rpmlint(?): W: no-version-in-last-changelog
On 12/26/18 8:15 PM, Neal Gompa wrote:
The purpose of this check is to ensure that each newest changelog
entry mapped to the version-release built of the package. However,
openSUSE changelogs are not structured that way, so this particular
check has never been satisfied properly. If you look at Fedora or
Mageia packages, the changelog entries are structured in such a way
that this warning never triggers. The SUSE-style changes format
doesn't include enough information for that check to pass
post-conversion.Thus, I agree it should be disabled in openSUSE, or at
least have a variation of the check that makes more sense.

To be more concrete - rpmlint expects a version in the same line where you have
date, time, name and email. Example:

https://src.fedoraproject.org/cgit/rpms/systemd.git/tree/systemd.spec#n691

I agree that this check should be disabled in openSUSE, unless we want to
introduce the same format of changelog which Fedora has.