Re: [opensuse-packaging] rpmlint rules for /var/run
On Tuesday 2018-12-11 11:36, Ludwig Nussel wrote:

Jan Engelhardt schrieb:
On Tuesday 2018-12-11 02:38, Neal Gompa wrote:

I would have already taken a look at doing so, if it weren't for the
fact that openSUSE systemd is a fork that regularly runs behind
upstream. It's depressing to see that SUSE engineers aren't
contributing their changes to systemd upstream so that they don't need
to maintain such heavy forks. This problem also exists with dracut,

it's "because of SLE". When you try to submit an update to
Base:System/systemd, the answer is potentially "yeah ... but we'd
want to share it between SLE...". Surely you can tell a maintenance

There are times when that argument makes more sense and there are
times when it makes less. Right now I'd expect Factory to follow
upstream closely with both projects.

system: 239+suse138 (some 120 loose patches tied up in a git repo as
commits) vs. upstream 240. Close enough.

dracut: v44 (release date 2015-Nov) + 200 loose patches
vs. upstream 49. A bit far from "closely".