Re: [opensuse-packaging] rpmlint rules for /var/run

On Tuesday 2018-12-11 02:38, Neal Gompa wrote:

I would have already taken a look at doing so, if it weren't for the
fact that openSUSE systemd is a fork that regularly runs behind
upstream. It's depressing to see that SUSE engineers aren't
contributing their changes to systemd upstream so that they don't need
to maintain such heavy forks. This problem also exists with dracut,

it's "because of SLE". When you try to submit an update to
Base:System/systemd, the answer is potentially "yeah ... but we'd
want to share it between SLE...". Surely you can tell a maintenance
tale about RHEL's systemd/dracut/etc.