[opensuse-packaging] Need help splitting off libraries that were previously together in one package.
Hi, I made the decision to put the three libraries in sub package libjack0 into their own sub packages, we now have libjack0, libjacknet0 and libjackserver0. None of these libraries are dependent on the others. A lot of opensuse packages require libjack0 but the only package that depends on libjacknet0 and libjackserver0 are binaries in the jack package.
I previously had libjacknet0 and libjackserver0 require libjack0 = %{version} which in my mind is wrong and rpmlint doesn't like it either.
I've removed the two requires and modified the "obsoletes libjack0 < %{version}" to "obsoletes libjack0 < 1.9.12" (the version that the package was split).
libjacknet0 and libjackserver0 naturally provide themselves.
My question is - isn't the obsoletes enough for libjacknet0 and libjackserver0?
Thanks
Dave P