Re: [opensuse-packaging] How to deal with divergent SLE/Leap changelog?
V Mon, 3 Sep 2018 13:12:10 +0000 (UTC)
Michael Matz <matz@xxxxxxx> napsáno:

Hi,

On Mon, 3 Sep 2018, Petr Tesarik wrote:

I'm trying to find out how I can solve diverging changelogs in
SLE/Leap and Factory. There were some patches in SLE12 SP3, which
are not needed (and are in fact harmful) in SLE12 SP4.

1. When I take the Factory package and submit it to SLE12 SP4, the
submission gets rejected, because some (SP3) patches are not
mentioned in the changelog.

You can submit packages from Factory just fine. The condition is only
that bug references must not get lost. Patch names do not matter. So

Thanks. Unfortunately, it would not really help here, because the bugs
themselves were SLE/Leap-specific.

You still can mention them in the factory changes. Sometimes I bring over
the .changes entry verbatim from the respective SLE package into the
factory one (just the entry, not the patches themself of course),
sometimes I create a new .changes entry ala: "- also fixes bnc#....".

That's the approach that failed here:

Dominique Leuenberger
Request got declined
about 4 hours ago

auto-submitted, and obviously not correct: changelog talks of a lot of
syncup with SLE and new pacthes - but those patches do not show up

Petr T