Re: [opensuse-packaging] How to deal with divergent SLE/Leap changelog?
Petr Tesarik wrote:
Hi all,

I'm trying to find out how I can solve diverging changelogs in SLE/Leap
and Factory. There were some patches in SLE12 SP3, which are not needed
(and are in fact harmful) in SLE12 SP4.

1. When I take the Factory package and submit it to SLE12 SP4, the
submission gets rejected, because some (SP3) patches are not
mentioned in the changelog.

You can submit packages from Factory just fine. The condition is only
that bug references must not get lost. Patch names do not matter. So
usually you would retrofit the bug references to the Factory changelog
entry that updated the package to a version that contained the bug
fixes.

cu
Ludwig

--