Re: [opensuse-packaging] %fdupes not expanding correctly

Hello,

On Aug 8 16:24 Tomas Chvatal wrote (excerpt):
John Paul Adrian Glaubitz píše v St 08. 08. 2018 v 16:19 +0200:
On 08/08/2018 03:22 PM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
On 08/08/2018 03:15 PM, Marcus Meissner wrote:
However, when I try to build the package, the %fdupes macro is
not expanding
correctly and I get the following mess:

%fdupes is a macro that is multiple lines of commands, it is not
supposed to
be in the %files section, but in the %install section.

Ah, my bad. Thanks a lot everyone for the quick help!

Hmm, I moved the statement to %install:

%install
%cmake_install
%fdupes -s %{_libdir}/cmake

%fdupes %{buildroot}%{_libdir}/cmake

As addendum a general side note regarding fdupes see

https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Packaging_Conventions_RPM_Macros#.25fdupes

which talks in particular about how to be careful when using it.

As an older example see in OBS Printing/hplip/hplip.spec
how it could be used together with links to older
bugzilla bugs about fdupes issues.

I don't know if and how more safer fdupes may have become
since which particular newer openSUSE version.

Kind Regards
Johannes Meixner
Graham Norton - HRB 21284 (AG Nuernberg)
< Previous Next >