Re: [opensuse-packaging] Splitting up binary packages for large SDKs
Hi!

On 08/07/2018 06:09 PM, Michael Matz wrote:
Well, then I would need an override for rpmlint.

So you're saying that rpmlint complains about e.g. cmake files in the main
package even though you didn't even have a -devel subpackage? Seems a
regression in rpmlint :-/ Well, so be it, a -devel package it is then :)

I can re-test this and file an upstream bug report if necessary.

I just pushed an updated version of the package into my home project:

https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:glaubitz:branches:Cloud:Tools/aws-sdk-cpp

So all .so files into a -libs package. Pragmatic, but you will have
problems getting this into Factory. If you'd consider putting all the
shared libs into one (versioned) subdirectory of /usr/lib64 (and make
similar adjustments to the SDKs build wrappers for library search paths;
for shared libs you also need the RPATH) you'd avoid all problems the
shared library policy poses to you _and_ would solve the update-libraries
problem as well, at least somewhat.

I'll look into this. But for now, the package is supposed to stay in
Cloud:Tools anyway.

Adrian