Re: [opensuse-packaging] Disabling systemd services in %post for upgrades
  • From: Brüns, Stefan <Stefan.Bruens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 May 2018 13:33:16 +0000
On Mittwoch, 9. Mai 2018 15:13:44 CEST John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
On 05/09/2018 02:50 PM, John Paul Adrian Glaubitz wrote:
Since we have RPM macros for disabling services on preun and post [2],
namely %service_del_preun and %service_del_postun, I was wondering
whether there is an equivalent that can be used in %post.

Or should I just use systemctl as above but limit the use with
suse_version to > 1140?

Hmm, on second thought, I think this might not even be necessary as
%postun should be executed on package upgrade, isn't it?

Both %post and %postun will be executed on upgrade, see
http://ftp.rpm.org/max-rpm/s1-rpm-inside-scripts.html#S2-RPM-INSIDE-ERASE-TIME-SCRIPTS

Please do not use a conditional for 1140, this is so EOLed it is completely
useless noise.

Regards,

Stefan--