Re: [opensuse-packaging] Selecting GCC version
  • From: Hans-Peter Jansen <hpj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2018 20:40:51 +0200
Hi Jan,

thanks for your well educated response (as always). Much appreciated.

On Samstag, 31. März 2018 15:45:13 Jan Engelhardt wrote:
On Saturday 2018-03-31 14:29, Hans-Peter Jansen wrote:
Hi Jan, Christian, all,

On Donnerstag, 30. März 2017 22:08:40 Christian Boltz wrote:
Hello,

Am Donnerstag, 30. März 2017, 12:51:00 CEST schrieb Matthias Fehring:
Simply using BuildRequires gcc5 pulls gcc5 in but still uses gcc48 to
build the package (especially in Build Service).

Besides Jan's way, using a BuiltIgnore could be another option.

Both ways, exyporting CC and defining #BuildIgnore are spec based.
Any idea, how to select another compiler for a whole project in prjconf?

Macros:
%__cc gcc-8
%__cxx g++-8

:Macros

But, because %configure and %cmake for example do not read %__cc
unfortunately (why?!), it in itself has no effect. Some work from
upstream rpm is needed.

which in turn means, that I have to touch every spec, doesn't it?

In a local OBS, where I attempt to build Kernel:stable and friends, I fiddled
with below to get $subject going, but failed so far, barfing on a missing gcc.

Looks, like I need to create a gcc7-default package, that symlinks gcc7 and
consorts to gcc. Has anybody done this before?

Guess, this plan isn't that uncommon nowadays...

%define gcc_version 7
Ignore: libgcc_s1
Preinstall: !libgcc_s1 libgcc_s1-gcc7
Prefer: -libstdc++6 libstdc++6-gcc7