Re: [opensuse-packaging] Upgrade path from xinetd to systemd socket-activated service
On Thu, Mar 22, Michal Srb wrote:

Hi,

Some time ago I converted the VNC service in xorg-x11-Xvnc package from being
a xinetd service to be a socket-activated systemd service.

However this change does not preserve the enabled state - people who had VNC
enabled and upgrade get it disabled again. Is there some preferred way to
transfer the "enabled" state during such upgrade?

My idea so far is to check for /etc/xinetd.d/vnc.rpmsave in %post. If it
exist
and the service inside was enabled, then enable the systemd socket.

Better is to check in %pre, if /etc/xinetd.d/vnc exist and the
service was enabled and store that for the %post install section.

I would never relay on the rpmsave file: could be that for whatever
reasons it will not be created, or it is very old and the admin
did disable the systemd socke for vnc meanwhile, since he does not
need the service anymore.

Thorsten