Re: [opensuse-packaging] use of sed to fix python2 script interpreter
On jeudi, 22 mars 2018 10.39:39 h CET Sébastien 'sogal' Poher wrote:
Hi everyone,

I am packaging pyrenamer [0] in order to submit it to Factory.
As it is, I got this warning [1] because of the 'shebang' calling
'/usr/bin/env python' instead of '/usr/bin/python' (which should be
'python2').
I have fixed it by adding the following:

sed -i 's|/usr/bin/env\ python|/usr/bin/python2|1'
%{buildroot}/%{_bindir}/%{name}

in %install section.

Is it a good way to do it or is there a more recommended way ?

Thank you

[0] https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/utilities/pyrenamer

[1] full warning is:
pyrenamer.noarch: E: env-script-interpreter (Badness: 9) /usr/bin/pyrenamer
/usr/bin/env python This script uses 'env' as an interpreter. For the rpm
runtime dependency detection to work, the shebang #!/usr/bin/env python
needs to be patched into #!/usr/bin/python otherwise the package
dependency generator merely adds a dependency on /usr/bin/env rather than
the actual interpreter /usr/bin/python. Alternatively, if the file should
not be executed, then ensure that it is not marked as executable or don't
install it in a path that is reserved for executables.

I wonder why you have it in utilities when it's available in pypi I would say
it should goes to devel:languages:python repository even if it's an
application.

Using pypi you will find the 1.1 version certainly better than the older 0.6.0
https://pypi.python.org/pypi/pyrenamer

Bonus there's no env line to fix in it.
And you will be able to build it for python2 and python3

--

Bruno Friedmann
Ioda-Net Sàrl www.ioda-net.ch