Re: [opensuse-packaging] /usr/share/icons/hicolor directories not owned by a package
On Tue, Mar 20, 2018 at 06:35:22PM +0200, Aivar Annamaa wrote:
Hi!

I experimented with packaging Thonny, Python IDE for beginners
(http://thonny.org).

Here is my attempt:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:aivarannamaa/thonny

It is based on Fedora package
https://src.fedoraproject.org/rpms/thonny
but I changed some package names and included some other tweaks.

This SPEC builds nicely on my own computer (Tumbleweed) but the Open Build
Service complains about icon folders not owned by a package:

[ 44s] thonny-2.1.16-7.1.noarch.rpm: directories not owned by a package:
[ 44s] - /usr/share/icons/hicolor
[ 44s] - /usr/share/icons/hicolor/128x128
[ 44s] - /usr/share/icons/hicolor/128x128/apps

My SPEC does require hicolor-icon-theme, so I expected that these folder
are owned by that package.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Do I understand correctly that in order to get this Thonny into openSUSE
repos it needs to first build on Open Build Service?

you could just add

%dir /usr/share/icons/hicolor/128x128/apps
%dir /usr/share/icons/hicolor/128x128/
%dir /usr/share/icons/hicolor

to the filelist to fix the build. Directories can be owned by multiple packages.

Ciao, Marcus