Re: [opensuse-packaging] How to find what pulls in python3

On 27/12/2017 15:29, Dominique Leuenberger / DimStar wrote:
On Sat, 2017-12-23 at 10:37 +0200, Dave Plater wrote:
Hi, I've a package wxhexeditor which is failing due to python3 being
pulled in to the build. What's the quickest way to find which package
used for the build is suddenly pulling in python3.
Thanks
Dave P

osc buildinfo $PRJ $PKG $REPO $ARCH -d

That does the trick:
added python3@openSUSE:Factory/snapshot because of gtk2-devel:python3-xml

I already worked it out the long way, both guitarix and wxhexeditor failed with python3, neither had a buildrequires for python and both only had gtk2 in common. gtk2-devel requires python-xml and it was just updated to use python3-xml. guitarix needs a lot of work to change to python3, even though the git log reckons it was compatible in 2010. Fortunately the small python build script in wxhexeditor works for both pythons.
Thanks
Dave P