Re: [opensuse-packaging] Python Singespec: systemd unit file conflict
On Saturday 2017-12-23 18:56, Matwey V. Kornilov wrote:

I am packaging an python application following Python Singlespec guide.
In the application, there is a command line tool that is handled by
update-alternatives to make it possible to use python2 or python3
version simultaneously.

There is also systemd unit file that uses the command line tool to run
some service daemon. And currently, systemd unit file leads to the
conflict between python2-appname and python3-appname packages. What is
the preferred way to resolve the conflict? I haven't heart about update
alternatives applied to systemd units.

Is there any point in running appname with python2? (Since I expect the
answer to be no - just pick python3)