Re: [opensuse-packaging] Converting a package to singlespec: two questions
On 12/11/2017 08:49 PM, Lee Duncan wrote:
On 12/11/2017 11:00 AM, Sebastian wrote:
On 12/11/2017 07:46 PM, Lee Duncan wrote:
If it is the first: You don't need to singlespec it at all.
Even though this is end-user based I still don't see how i can avoid
singlespec, other than just having two different (conflicting) packages.
Why do you want to singlespec it then at all? I see no reason to do so.

Sebastian

It is not a matter of want, really. I was under the impression this had
to be done.
In case of your package I am not aware of such a requirement (but I'm
not authoritative).
But some users of this package still done have python3,
Users not having python3 installed already? What distribution are we
talking about?
And if this is the case: Does it matter if your package is the first one
on their computers that requires python3?

Sebastian

--
python programming - mail server - photo - video - https://sebix.at
cryptographic key at https://sebix.at/DC9B463B.asc and on public keyservers